Bhel Puri

Another favorite chaat of mine, Bhel Puri, is light on the stomach and super quick to bring together. A popular street food, Bhel puri, is prepared with puffed rice, an assortment of chutneys, peanuts and crushed papdi and sev. Garlic chutney is an optional ingredient and I personally prefer without garlic chutney.

Bhel Puri Preparation:
In a wide bowl, add a tbsp each of green chutney and sweet chutney and a dash of garlic chutney (optional). Add 1 finely chopped onion, 1 finely chopped tomato, 1 chopped boiled potato, 1 1/2 tbsps chopped raw mango, 1/2 tbsp of chopped fresh coriander leaves, 1/2 tbsp lemon juice, salt to taste, 2 tbsps roasted peanuts and pinch of chilli pwd. Mix all the above ingredients well. Add 4-5 cups of puffed rice (murri/marmaralu/murmura/kurmura) and combine well. Garnish with crushed sev and papdi. Serve immediately.

chaat-bhel puri
Bhel Puri Chaat

Bhel Puri

1. puffed rice
  2. potato
  3. peanuts

Another of my favorite chaat, Bhel Puri, that is light on the stomach and super quick to bring together. A popular street food, Bhel puri, is prepared with puffed rice, an assortment of chutneys, peanuts and crushed papdi and sev.

1. Maninas says:

Sounds nice and easy and tasty! Excellent!

2. Suchitra says:

mana vuri beach road lo it is called “pidathakindapappu”

3. Madhavi says:

AS always chaala bagundi. Suchitra garu, maa Vizag lo muri mixture antaru adi bhel puri chala diff ga vuntayi.

4. Manasi says:

Oh HOW I LONG for yummmmmmy street food! That’s the one thing I miss about Mumbai!

5. Puja says:

Exellent sailu garu… I love this..waiting for the recipe on muri mix

Thanks a lot for all your efforts
    Puja

6. sudha says:

lovely pics!! Sailu garu

7. pooja says:

hai sailaja gaaru,great photographs making me home sick:(

When ever I go through your website, it reminds me of my Moms kitchen in India.Your website is awesome:)

we friends here while going through this we got one query
    should we add puffed rice directly..?or should we put 2-5secs in water..??

thankyu

• Sailu says:

Pooja garu, there is no need to add puffed rice in water. There is enough moisture in the green and sweet chutney that will soften the puffed rice.

8. pooja says:

ohh thats fine then..
    pls dont mind me asking such a silly thing..u can imagine how great knowledge we have in cooking
    i felt really very guilty to ask this, thinking frm yesterday whether to ask or not..
    actually we among friends want to try this, as it looks like a simple dish
    and the main thing, here(shanghai) we get all ingredients for this..

thank yu so much..
    take care

9. Sharada says:

Shilaja Garu,

Anni na favorite recipes publish chesinaduku thanks.When I follow your recipes I do follow exactly your measurements. So the dish turns out very good and tasty. Again thanks.

Sharada

10. 9311044005 says:

it is very good

11. Ethnic Food says:

Bhel puri tastes excellent. Love to eat this delectable dish. THanks for sharing wonderful post