Meat lovers will relish this mutton curry which is cooked in combination with drumsticks. The meat becomes succulent and flavorful from the slow simmering to absorb the spices and the drumsticks give the taste buds a good tingle. Very easy preparation and makes a good curry with hot rice or rotis.
- 1 kg mutton, washed and drained
- 2 drumsticks, skinned, cut into 1 1/2 " pieces and stir fried for 3 mts in 2 tsps oil
- 3 medium sized onions, finely chopped
- 2-4 green chillis, slit (adjust)
- 1 tsp red chilli pwd
- 1/4 tsp turmeric pwd
- 1 tbsp coriander pwd
- 1 tsp cumin pwd
- 1 tsp roasted poppy seeds/khus-khus/ghasagasalu pwd
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
- 5 cloves
- 1 1/2â€³ cinnamon
- 1 cardamom
Garam Masala Pwd:
Method for making Munagakaya Mamsam
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add the onions and green chillis and saute for 6-7 mts. Add ginger garlic paste and saute further for another 4 mts. Add the mutton and combine well. Cook on high heat for 7-8 mts, stirring the meat such that is doesn't burn. Add chilli pwd, turmeric pwd, coriander pwd, jeera pwd, poppy seeds pwd and salt, combine.
- Cook on medium heat for 7-8 mts and add 2 glasses of water. Pressure cook till three-fourth cooked. Remove lid, add garam masala pwd and the sauted drumsticks, simmer over low to medium heat, uncovered, till the meat and drumsticks are cooked and turn soft.
- Serve hot with white rice or rotis.