Sweet Corn Curry
Sweet corn is much loved in our home and in all forms especially charcoal roasted corn on the cob (butta) with a mixture of salt, chili powder and lemon juice sprinkled over it. Nehal is fond of creamy corn with pasta or corn fritters while Satish and I like to relish it in the form of a curry with roti or flavored rice. With a lot of fresh corn cobs sitting in my fridge, thanks to a dear friend, I went on a sweet corn binge for a couple days. Made bread pizza with sweet corn, steamed corn cobs, vegetable au gratin with corn being a star player, corn vadas with lots of coriander and sweet corn curry to go with peas pulao.
Sweet Corn Curry
- Prep time:
- Cook time:
- Serves: 4
- sweet corn
- Sweet corn kernels - 2 cups
- Capsicum - 1, chopped into small pieces (optional)
- Onion - 1, large, finely chopped
- Green chilies - 2, slit length wise
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Kasuri methi - 1 tsp, lightly crushed
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Red chili powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 1/2 tsps
- Garam masala powder - 1/4 tsp
- Tomatoes - 2, finely chopped
- Cashew nuts - 5, soak in 3 tbsps milk and make a smooth paste.
- Fresh coriander leaves - 2 tbsps, finely chopped
- Fresh cream - 1 tbsp (or malai)
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 1 1/2 tbsps
- Heat oil in a cooking vessel. Once hot, add the onions and saute till transparent Add green chilies and ginger garlic paste and saute for 3 mts on low to medium flame. Add capsicum pieces and saute for 5 mts.
- Add kasuri methi and saute for 2 mts. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and salt. Mix.
- Add the tomatoes and saute till oil separates. Add corn and mix. Place lid and cook for 4 mts. Add half of the coriander leaves and 11/2 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Place lid and reduce flame and cook for 15-18 mts. Add garam masala powder, cashew nut paste and mix. Cook for 2 tms. Add fresh cream and mix continuously for a mt on low flame. Turn off heat.
- Remove to the serving bowl and garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve with roti, naan or flavored rice.
Published: Sweet corn curry goes well with roti & pulao. Indian vegetarian dishes at their best. Learn how to make sweet corn recipes that are easy to make and tasty.
Sweet corn curry goes well with roti & pulao. Indian vegetarian dishes at their best. Learn how to make sweet corn recipes that are easy to make and tasty.