Corn Recipes – Corn Manchurian Fried Rice
Its been a while since I prepared a rice dish with an Indian Chinese touch. I had prepared Corn manchurian as an evening snack for Nehal. There are hardly any corn recipes on my blog and I was hoping to blog Corn Manchurian but realized that my hubby had taken the camera with him and hence I could not take any pictures.
I refrigerated the left over Corn Manchurian hoping to give it a make over. On busy or lazy days when you want to spend less time in the kitchen, left overs come to the rescue. Today was one such day and I decided to use left over rice and manchurian to make a quick one pot meal. A flavorful recipe with minimal ingredients using Indian Chinese cooking technique and spices.
Corn Manchurian Fried Rice Recipe
- For Corn Manchurian:
- Sweet corn - 1 1/4 cups, coarsely ground
- Maida - 2 tbsps
- Corn flour - 1 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Green chilies - 1, finely chopped
- Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- For Fried Rice:
- Raw rice - 1 1/4 cups, cooked till each grain is separate or use left over cold rice
- Spring onions - 3, finely chop the whites and greens
- Carrot - 1, (small) finely chopped
- Capsicum - 1, (small) finely chopped
- Garlic - 3 cloves, finely minced
- Dry red chilies - 2, tear into pieces
- Soy sauce - 1/2 tsp
- Vinegar - 1 tsp
- Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil - 1 tbsp
- Heat oil for deep frying the corn manchurian. While the oil is heating, take a bowl and mix in the coarsely ground sweet corn, green chilies, ginger garlic paste, coriander leaves, salt, maida and corn flour. Make small balls and deep fry to a golden brown shade. Drain the manchurian and place on absorbent paper. Keep aside.
- In a cooking vessel, heat oil, add the minced garlic and saute for a few seconds. Add dry chilies and spring onion whites and saute on high flame for 2 mts, tossing the contents constantly.
- Add the finely chopped carrots, beans and capsicum and saute for 7 to 8 mts on high flame, constantly mixing the contents so that they do not burn. Add salt, vinegar, pepper powder and soy sauce and mix.
- Add the corn manchurian and mix. Add the cooked rice and mix well for a mt. Adjust salt and turn off flame.
- Remove onto a serving bowl and garnish with spring onion greens.
- You can add finely chopped beans, cabbage and cauliflower to boost nutrition quotient.
Corn Manchurian Fried Rice is a gem among corn recipes while veg fried rice and vegetable manchurian are some of the best vegetarian Indian chinese recipes.