Strawberry Recipes – Strawberry Cupcakes with Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
I had loads of fresh strawberries in my fridge and was looking at some strawberry recipes to try. I made a large batch of Strawberry compote and froze to make smoothies for Nehal during the hot summer months. Today, I made Strawberry cupcakes with strawberry cream cheese frosting. Sweet, aromatic and fruity where both the strawberry cupcake and frosting recipes incorporate fresh strawberries. While baking these cupcakes my kitchen was filled with an aroma that was amazing.
The strawberry flavor is just right and the next time I make them I will add some fresh chopped strawberries to the batter. With a pretty pale pink color, the cupcakes were moist, not overly sweet and with the right amount of tartness. I made a cream cheese frosting that included cooked strawberry puree. It was slightly runny and I kept the frosting in the fridge for a while and frosted the cupcakes.
If you want to make a special treat for Valentineâ€™s Day, try these cupcakes and surprise your loved one.
Strawberry Cupcakes with Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- Prep time:
- Cook time:
- Serves: 12
- Maida - 1 1/4 cup (all purpose flour)
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Butter - 1/4 cup, room temperature
- Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Egg - 1
- Buttermilk - 1/4 cup
- Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
- Strawberry essence - 1 tsp
- Strawberry puree - 2/3 cup (hull and blend strawberries to a puree)
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Cream cheese - 1/2 cup
- Strawberry sauce - 2 1/2 tbsps (cook 1/2 cup chopped strawberries in 2 to 3 tbsps sugar and a tbsp of lemon juice for 20 mts)
- Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
- Butter - 1 tbsp
- Powdered sugar - 1 1/2 cups
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Place cupcake liners in the cupcake pan. Keep aside.
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and keep aside the dry ingredients.
- In a bowl, cream the softened butter and sugar till smooth. Add the egg and beat well. Mix in the buttermilk, vanilla essence, strawberry essence and strawberry puree and mix well.
- With a wooden spoon, mix the the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients to combine. Do not over mix. Just mix till there is no trace of flour.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cupcake liners up to 2/3 full. Bake in a pre-heated oven until a toothpick inserted inside comes out clean, approx 20-24 mts.
- Cool completely before frosting with fresh strawberry cream cheese frosting.
- To prepare frosting, sift powdered sugar into a bowl. Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed until smooth. Add half of the powdered sugar and beat until combined. Add strawberry sauce until you achieve the right color and flavor, donâ€™t add too much or the frosting will be too soft. Slowly add the remaining powdered sugar. Taste the frosting and check for consistency. If you need a sweeter frosting and a thicker consistency, add a little more powdered sugar.
Published: A gem among fresh strawberry recipes is an easy dessert that kids will love – Strawberry cupcakes with strawberry cream cheese frosting.
A gem among fresh strawberry recipes is an easy dessert that kids will love – Strawberry cupcakes with strawberry cream cheese frosting.