Strawberry Cupcakes with Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting

Strawberry Recipes – Strawberry Cupcakes with Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting

strawberry cupcakes
Strawberry Cupcakes

I had loads of fresh strawberries in my fridge and was looking at some strawberry recipes to try. I made a large batch of Strawberry compote and froze to make smoothies for Nehal during the hot summer months. Today, I made Strawberry cupcakes with strawberry cream cheese frosting. Sweet, aromatic and fruity where both the strawberry cupcake and frosting recipes incorporate fresh strawberries. While baking these cupcakes my kitchen was filled with an aroma that was amazing.

strawberry recipes
Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes with Frosting

The strawberry flavor is just right and the next time I make them I will add some fresh chopped strawberries to the batter. With a pretty pale pink color, the cupcakes were moist, not overly sweet and with the right amount of tartness. I made a cream cheese frosting that included cooked strawberry puree. It was slightly runny and I kept the frosting in the fridge for a while and frosted the cupcakes.

If you want to make a special treat for Valentine’s Day, try these cupcakes and surprise your loved one. :)

strawberry cream cheese frosting
Strawberry cupcakes with strawberry cream cheese frosting

Strawberry Cupcakes with Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting

1. strawberries
  2. flour

• Maida - 1 1/4 cup (all purpose flour)
  • Baking powder - 1 tsp
  • Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
  • Salt - 1/4 tsp
  • Butter - 1/4 cup, room temperature
  • Sugar - 3/4 cup
  • Egg - 1
  • Buttermilk - 1/4 cup
  • Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
  • Strawberry essence - 1 tsp
  • Strawberry puree - 2/3 cup (hull and blend strawberries to a puree)
  • Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting:
  • Cream cheese - 1/2 cup
  • Strawberry sauce - 2 1/2 tbsps (cook 1/2 cup chopped strawberries in 2 to 3 tbsps sugar and a tbsp of lemon juice for 20 mts)
  • Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
  • Butter - 1 tbsp
  • Powdered sugar - 1 1/2 cups

1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Place cupcake liners in the cupcake pan. Keep aside.
  2. In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and keep aside the dry ingredients.
  3. In a bowl, cream the softened butter and sugar till smooth. Add the egg and beat well. Mix in the buttermilk, vanilla essence, strawberry essence and strawberry puree and mix well.
  4. With a wooden spoon, mix the the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients to combine. Do not over mix. Just mix till there is no trace of flour.
  5. Pour the batter into the prepared cupcake liners up to 2/3 full. Bake in a pre-heated oven until a toothpick inserted inside comes out clean, approx 20-24 mts.
  6. Cool completely before frosting with fresh strawberry cream cheese frosting.
  7. To prepare frosting, sift powdered sugar into a bowl. Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed until smooth. Add half of the powdered sugar and beat until combined. Add strawberry sauce until you achieve the right color and flavor, don’t add too much or the frosting will be too soft. Slowly add the remaining powdered sugar. Taste the frosting and check for consistency. If you need a sweeter frosting and a thicker consistency, add a little more powdered sugar.

A gem among fresh strawberry recipes is an easy dessert that kids will love – Strawberry cupcakes with strawberry cream cheese frosting.

1. Maria says:

Beautiful ! and Happy Valentines Day

Maria – Vizag

2. Ajitha Panchalingam says:

What can you substitute for buttermilk?

3. Arthy Suman says:

Very apt for valentines celebration love the frosting…..

4. Rumana Ambrin says:

Beautiful and nice click too…

5. Krithi says:

Love the pinky pink color.. awesome!

6. Kmandalika says:

We are vegetarians. what can I substitute for egg ?

7. Aminacreations7 says:

delicious and colourful looking cupcakes… yummy…

8. Yummy Mummy says:

Delicious and colorful cupcake. My daughter will love this cake. Can you please tell me which cream cheese do you use. I mean the brand name. I have never used cream cheese before so it will be easier for me to search cream cheese in market.

9. Shellagrover says:

Sailu I love your valentiney cup cakes!!!!! I tried your murk ku yesterday with some variations. They were really good

10. Shellagrover says:

11. Pavni says:

Sailu.. wat r u dry ingrediants.. which u said above in step 3.. and can u show us.. some pics on how to add the frosting.. 2 d cake.. bcoz. it tried…it dint come in gud pattern.. any tips wud b helpful :) … your Cup Cakes are soo yummy luks.. Awesome presentation.. kudos!!!

12. Deepthi says:

I made them yesterday and they came out delicious!!! My husband always says ” Follow sailu’s dot to dot and everything will be a hit “. Proved once again ! Thank you Sailu for all your delicious recipes.

13. Lalitha Ny says:

hi sailu,
    as usual a wonderful, yummy recipe. the pics look yum enough to eat right off the screen. the only question I have is about the cream cheese.
    1. Where can I get it in Hyderabad?
    2. What is the shelf life of cream cheese?
    3. Can it be replaced by some other ingredient?

I have come across so many recipes requiring cream cheese and I have the same doubts about them all. So I would be really thankful if you could help me out.
    regards

lalitha

• 1. You might find Philadelphia cream cheese at Q Mart – Road no.2, Banjara Hills, near Thai Express or at Godrej Nature’s Basket, Road no.10, Opposite Rainbow Children’s Hospital, Banjara Hills.
      2. Go by the expiry date on the cream cheese pack.
      3. You can make strawberry butter cream frosting instead of cream cheese. Increase butter and powdered sugar quantity and omit cream cheese.

14. Anna says:

Is there a substitute for strawberry essence?

15. Archana says:

Sailu,
    Where do you get the “buttermilk”. I think we do not get buttermilk used for baking in India, please correct me if I am wrong..
    If not, then do you use substitute it with the “milk+vinegar, leave it for some time etc etc” method?

Thanks,
    Archana

16. Archana says:

Sailu,

Thanks,
    Archana

17. rakhi says:

hi… i made strawberry cake instead of cupcakes… t only problem was the color of the cake was not light oink but light brown…. i baked it at 180’c for 30 mins… can u tell me y ?

18. Sonia says:

I love following your recipes, they always come out good. I have already tried your chole, egg biryani, fruitcake, langarwali daal recipes and my family loved them. I want to make these cupcakes for my kids, but was hoping to use whole wheat flour.Can u please tell me what variations to make with the other ingredients for them to come out well?
    Thanks in advance, Sonia.