Our family enjoys eggs and we eat them on a regular basis. A version of the basic omelette that is much loved in our home is, Masala omelette. Makes for a quick breakfast and a filling one at that. If you are looking for a refreshing change from the monotonous omelette routine, try out today’s omelette recipe. The Indian style of making the basic omelette includes the use of turmeric powder, onions and green chilies. I have gone one step further, threw in some vegetables and a pinch of garam masala. It changes the flavor profile of the masala omelette by leaps and bounds. You have to try it to believe it.
Check out the Vegetable stuffed Omelette recipe I posted at Kids Zone.
- Prep time:
- Cook time:
- Serves: 2
- garam masala
- Eggs - 4
- Shallots - 4, finely chopped (small onions of 4 tbsp of chopped white onions)
- Green chilies - 2, finely minced
- Milk - 2 tbsps
- Capsicum - 4 tbsps, finely minced (optional)
- Carrot - 4 tbsps, finely minced (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves - 2 tbsps, finely chopped
- Oil - 2 tbsp (or butter)
- Beat the eggs till frothy. Add the rest of the ingredients except the oil and whisk well.
- Drizzle oil in a pan, allow it to heat up. Once hot, reduce flame, add half of the egg mixture and swirl it around the pan. Cook on low to medium flame till the sides are cooked and the underside is slightly browned. The center will appear uncooked and liquid-y. Its fine. Slowly flip over and cook the other side for about 10-12 seconds.
- Slide the omelette onto a plate and serve with bread or buns.
- You can sprinkle grated cheese over the omelette as soon as you remove it from the pan. The heat of the omelette, lightly melts the cheese.
- You can add other vegetables or mushroom or shredded chicken.
- Whisk the egg mixture well, just before pouring it over the hot pan and do not cook on high flame.
- Pour the egg mixture only after the pan has heated well. It means, if you add a drop of water, it should sizzle.
Published: One of the easy breakfast recipes in India is Masala Omelette. Learn how to make a recipe for an omelet using eggs and garam masala powder.
One of the easy breakfast recipes in India is Masala Omelette. Learn how to make a recipe for an omelet using eggs and garam masala powder.