Those of you who are fans of paneer, do remember the healthy Paneer grilled sandwich recipe I blogged earlier? Well, I have another paneer sandwich recipe for you which is a favorite in our home. We LOVE it! It is not much of a recipe but then ‘less is more’ is the concept going on here. And I must mention that not only is it healthy, its simply delicious and will have you craving for more.
The next time around, I will add caramelized onions, roasted capsicum and toasted pumpkin seeds for some crunch. You can go with endless add-ins including left overs while making a quick sandwich. If you do not have paneer on hand, use hung yogurt which makes for a lovely spread over sandwiches. Use whole wheat bread or brown bread. Paneer Sandwich can be served as an open faced sandwich too.
More Sandwich Recipes
Spiced Kidney Beans Sandwich Recipe
Potato Egg Sandwich
Spinach Sandwich Recipe
Vegetable Sandwich Recipe
Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe
Double Layer Vegetable Sandwich Recipe
Vegetable Cheese Sandwich with Caramelized Onions Recipe
- Prep time:
- Cook time:
- Serves: 2
- Whole wheat bread slices - 4 (or brown bread)
- Fresh paneer - 1/2 cup (crumble or grate)
- Capsicum - 1 (small), finely chopped
- Onion - 1/4 cup, finely sliced
- Green chilies - 1-2, finely chopped
- Fresh coriander leaves - 2 tbsps, finely chopped
- Tomato Sauce - 1 tbsp (or Tomato Ketchup)
- Salt to taste
- Butter - 1 tsp
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients except butter and bread. Take 2 tablespoons of the prepared paneer filling and place on the whole wheat bread slice. Place another bread slice over it.
- Drizzle some butter on a pan and toast the sandwich. Alternately, you can grill the sandwich too. In that case, spread a little butter on one side of each bread slice and place filling on the un-buttered and grill it. Serve warm.
- If you do not have paneer on hand, use tofu or hung yogurt.
- Use any colored bell peppers.
- Add a pinch of garam masala for variation in flavor.
Published: Paneer Sandwich that makes for a healthy vegetarian sandwich recipe for kids. Pack your kids lunch box or serve as a healthy breakfast or a quick evening snack.
Paneer Sandwich that makes for a healthy vegetarian sandwich recipe for kids. Pack your kids lunch box or serve as a healthy breakfast or a quick evening snack.