Paneer Sandwich

healthy vegetarian sandwich recipe for kids
Paneer Sandwich

Those of you who are fans of paneer, do remember the healthy Paneer grilled sandwich recipe I blogged earlier? Well, I have another paneer sandwich recipe for you which is a favorite in our home. We LOVE it! It is not much of a recipe but then ‘less is more’ is the concept going on here. And I must mention that not only is it healthy, its simply delicious and will have you craving for more. :)

The next time around, I will add caramelized onions, roasted capsicum and toasted pumpkin seeds for some crunch. You can go with endless add-ins including left overs while making a quick sandwich. If you do not have paneer on hand, use hung yogurt which makes for a lovely spread over sandwiches. Use whole wheat bread or brown bread. Paneer Sandwich can be served as an open faced sandwich too.

easy nutritious sandwich for kids
Healthy Sandwich Recipe for Kids

More Sandwich Recipes
Spiced Kidney Beans Sandwich Recipe
Potato Egg Sandwich
Spinach Sandwich Recipe
Vegetable Sandwich Recipe
Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe
Double Layer Vegetable Sandwich Recipe
Vegetable Cheese Sandwich with Caramelized Onions Recipe

Paneer Sandwich

1. paneer
  2. bread

• Whole wheat bread slices - 4 (or brown bread)
  • Fresh paneer - 1/2 cup (crumble or grate)
  • Capsicum - 1 (small), finely chopped
  • Onion - 1/4 cup, finely sliced
  • Green chilies - 1-2, finely chopped
  • Fresh coriander leaves - 2 tbsps, finely chopped
  • Tomato Sauce - 1 tbsp (or Tomato Ketchup)
  • Salt to taste
  • Butter - 1 tsp

1. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients except butter and bread. Take 2 tablespoons of the prepared paneer filling and place on the whole wheat bread slice. Place another bread slice over it.
  2. Drizzle some butter on a pan and toast the sandwich. Alternately, you can grill the sandwich too. In that case, spread a little butter on one side of each bread slice and place filling on the un-buttered and grill it. Serve warm.

• If you do not have paneer on hand, use tofu or hung yogurt.
  • Use any colored bell peppers.
  • Add a pinch of garam masala for variation in flavor.

Paneer Sandwich that makes for a healthy vegetarian sandwich recipe for kids. Pack your kids lunch box or serve as a healthy breakfast or a quick evening snack.

1. pinky says:

Not so impressive the pictures didnt capture the feel

2. pinky says:

Not so impressive the pictures didnt capture the feel

3. Swapna says:

I love all your recipes

4. Swapna says:

I love all your recipes

5. Anonymous says:

I have followed the sandwich recipes in your previous blogs and I’m really glad you shared another interesting sandwich recipe. Will these recipes work for vegetarians like me?

6. Anonymous says:

7. Hemlata @ Indiamarks.com says:

It’s a very fast recipe and also healthy. I have suggest one thing a brown bread use in recipe because it’s a healthy.

8. Hemlata @ Indiamarks.com says:

9. Riya says:

healthy, tasty and easy to cook…perfect recipes for breakfast…

10. Riya says:

healthy, tasty and easy to cook…perfect recipes for breakfast…

11. Radhika says:

This is a very good recipe.And is very very heavy, like a meal. Thanks Sailu.

12. amrita says:

I like ur recipe.

13. chinnari says:

quick and healthy snack for kiddos. U mentioned about pumpkin seeds. Any idea where we can get them in Hyderabad?

14. devi says:

hai sailu I love ur receipes. I tried many items n they came out very well. I got more appreciations from my family. thank u.

1. August 15, 2012

[…] Paneer Sandwich Recipe – Healthy Vegetarian Sandwich for Kids » All Recipes Indian Break… – Those of you who are fans of paneer, do remember the healthy Paneer grilled sandwich recipe I blogged earlier? Well, I have another paneer sandwich recipe for you which is a favorite in our home. We LOVE it! It is not much of a recipe but then ‘less is more’ is the concept going on here. And I must mention that not only is it healthy, its simply delicious and will have you craving for more. […]