Honey Roasted Mixed Nuts

Easy home made honey roasted mixed nuts that are better than store bought ones. And addictive too. A simple yet divine recipe. Crunchy nuts with a deep honey flavor. You cannot stop munching on them. :)

Line a baking tray with foil and spread a cup each of almonds, walnuts, cashew nuts and bake at 175 degree C for 12-15 mts, stir once in between. Remove from baking sheet onto a bowl and cool. Heat a vessel, add 2 tbsps of olive oil or butter, 4 tbsps of water, 4 tbsps of brown sugar and 4 tbsps of honey, as the bubbles form (do not stir at this point), allow to boil for 1-2 mts. Add 2 tbsps brown sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon pwd, large pinch of clove pwd and 1/2 tsp salt and combine well. Immediately add the toasted nuts and allow to cook for 3-4 mts or till the liquid is completely absorbed by the nuts and they appear shiny. Turn off heat. Remove onto the baking sheet to cool and separate the nuts using a fork. Store in an air tight container.

Honey Roasted Mixed Nuts

• Serves:

1. cashew nuts
  2. almonds
  3. walnuts
  4. honey
  5. sugar

1. RV says:

Awesome snack irrespective of ages. I can munch in throughout the day.

2. satya says:

wow,nuts looks so perfect…very delicious n healthy snack sailu…thanks for sharing this

3. Prashanthi says:

Super yum and super healthy! Any idea how long you can store it?

4. Veda says:

Hi Shailu,

Looks so yum & irresistable. Any idea how to do without using oven?

5. What a great snack, free from all the weird additives that one can find in the ready made snacks! Thanks for sharing this recipe!

6. Sharada says:

It is very good.
    If you add little corn syrup, we will get shiny nuts.

7. WOW!!! This is such a delectable delight….. I loved it a lot… Actually few months back I got a packet of the honey roasted almonds from the garden nuts…. I loved them so much…. But it was not a value pack, as it was too small…. & this recipe is surely a paisa vasool 😉 Thanks a ton for sharing….. :)

Ash….

8. Genious says:

Awesome recepies & Excellent presentation. worth trying, keep it up.:)

Genious.

9. great and awesome snake for kids and health conscious people.

10. humaira says:

i dont have an oven…how else can i roast the nuts??

11. Rajshree says:

hi…

nice recipe for kids sailu garu… i have a doubt… can we substitute brown sugar with normal regular sugar?? plz suggest.

12. Rajshree says:

Hi sailu garu… i have tried the above recipe. I don’s know what went wrong but they r a bit bitter. Otherwise it went nice. I just replaced brown sugar with regular sugar. Can u plz suggest where i went wrong.

13. achu says:

hey sailu do we add brown sugar twice which means abt 6tbsp sugar totally,looks great though..

14. e Omniscient says:

Loved this recipe
    Roasted Nuts recipes

15. Sasha_lubetkin says:

I don’t see the need for spices in honey-roast nuts. Surely the flavours of nuts and honey are enough?

• KC says:

yes. but the cinnamon and cloves add a taste and flavor that plain nuts do not have.
      also, both spices are healthy in view of the fact that they help control/lower cholesterol.

16. KC says:

Excellent Recipe. Thanks a bunch. I used pureed medjool dates instead of honey.
    Came out equally good.

17. Namagiri Sridhar says:

Can we skip honey – Is brown sugar alone enough? Please respond – Cant wait to try this.

• Namagiri Sridhar says:

Also, In another similar recipe (honey roasted almonds) – you have added brown sugar only at end – here you add two times. Is that a mistake?

1. August 7, 2010