Summer Coolers ~ Mango Coconut Smoothie

A nourishing, refreshing mango drink with the special flavor of rich and creamy coconut milk. Vegans will relish this dairy-free, fiber rich mango lassi.

Blend 2 cups of peeled and diced mangoes, few ice cubes, 1/2 cup thick coconut milk (increase for a thinner consistency) and honey or sugar as required. Pour into glasses and serve.

Summer Coolers ~ Mango Coconut Smoothie

• Serves:

1. mango
  2. coconut milk

1. Asha says:

I am SOOOO jealous of all of you in India. You all get the best Mangoes to enjoy. We get Spanish ones, no where tastes like Indian ones but just okay. Mango and Coconut combo, I am drooling here uncontrollably! 😀

2. Sailu, that is such a different smoothie, never had this combination before. Will surely make as got lot of mangoes at home :)

3. latha says:

sailu, you are sooo lucky for having these delicious smoothies made with home grown mangoes and cocunut

4. Teja says:

Sailu, what a novel way of making mango smoothie! I can’t wait to try this!!

5. Yummy! I never would have thought of putting coconut milk in the mango smoothie! Great idea!

6. Neha says:

Where to get coconut milk in North India?
    Can we make coconut milk at home?

• Sailu says:

Tetra pack coconut milk is available in most departmental stores. Yes, you can make coconut milk at home. Grate fresh coconut, for 1 cup of grated coconut, add 1/2 cup of warm water and leave aside for 10 mts. Blend to paste, strain the water, discard pulp. Your coconut milk is ready.

7. The picture looks amazing :)

8. prabha nagavalli says:

Sailu garu,

For the smoothie can we use mango pulp instead of fresh mangoes. Here is United States the mangoes don’t taste that good. And we get mango pulp throughout the year.

9. Gabriela says:

This drink was delicious! Very thick and creamy like a mango pina colada. Was unsure of how it would all taste. I added some greek yogurt which seems to work, also rice/soy/almond milk’d be great to add for the diet conscious

10. sara says:

sailu thanku so much for your recipies .. could u refer any good n healthy recipies for pregnant ladies…. would be more thankful….

11. Cath34980 says:

Hi, I put some lime in here too and 3 Teaspoons of sugar – it was too sweet, so I tried to counteract with two tubs of natural yoghurt and 2 bananas – its still very sweet – I might make it into sorbet?

1. April 24, 2011

[…] sounds like you discovered the mango lassi! Mango Coconut Smoothie Recipe – Mango Coconut Milk Drink – Indian Food Recipes – Andhra Cuisine – Sa… such a great flavor combo, mangoes and coconut milk. Reply With Quote   […]

2. August 18, 2012

[…] Since the weather is nice and hot at the moment, why not make a coconut and mango smoothie? […]