Summer Coolers ~ Ragi Almond Drink

Ragi Almond Drink

Calcuim-rich wonder grain, Finger millet aka Ragi helps cool our body during summer. Try this badam based ragi drink that works as a nutritious summer cooler. Tasty, filling and nourishing!

Combine 2 tbsps ragi powder and 1 1/2 tbsps roasted almond pwd with half a cup of cold water. Place 4 1/2 cups of water and 2-3 tbsps grated jaggery or date syrup in a vessel and allow the jaggery to melt. Bring water to a boil. Reduce flame and slowly adding the ragi water, stirring continuously till it thickens. Cook for 2-3 mts. Turn off heat and cool. Serve at room temperature or chilled.

When chilled, ragi almond drink thickens. At the time of serving, add some cold milk or thick coconut milk for pouring consistency and blend well.

Summer Coolers ~ Ragi Almond Drink

1. finger millet
  2. ragi
  3. almonds

Calcuim rich Finger millet aka Ragi is a wonder grain that helps to cool our body making a nutritious cooler during summer.

1. Usha says:

Ragi malt with plain salted Butter milk or Masala (ginger,green chilli,curry leaves,cumin and salt )Butter milk is our family favourite.

2. kalva says:

lovely im gonna try this for my baby!!

3. shoob says:

I have read that ragi helps in increasing the height of the kids.

4. sandhya says:

Hi sailu
    Is ragi powder the same as ragi flour?

5. We call it as ragi koozh…a very popular drink for hot summer.

6. Mala says:

Hello Sailaja,

Great recipe. I have been trying to incorporate raagi in my diet. Can I just roast some almonds and powder it for this ?

Thanks !!

Mala

7. Apu says:

Looks delicious!! And so nutritious!!

8. gowriganesh says:

dear shailu, i am a gr8 fan of ur recipes, esp. the way u present them. good work, keep it up & all the best. will meet u again once i try this ragi drink..see ya!

9. angel says:

Sailu garu All your receipe are tasty and healthy. thanks for sharing.I heard about that there is one Porridge(java) with all the 8 nuts, milk and flour may be maida or Wheat flour. If u know anything about this can u please tell us.