Mango Salsa

With the onset of monsoon here in Vizag, its been a while since we have eaten ripe mangoes. Mango season is almost through with very few varieties available in the market. I bought a few mangoes (banganpalli variety) and prepared mango salsa. It would take another 8-9 months before I eat a ripe mango, so mango salsa it was with corn chips.

Mango Salsa

A typical summer fare, this mango salsa had a sweet-tangy taste with capsicum providing the crunch and mild spice. For a hotter salsa, add a chopped green chilli. Serve with grilled chicken or fish and you have winning combination.

Mango Salsa Recipe

Preparation: 8-10 mts

Serves 3-4 persons

Cuisine: Mexican

Ingredients:

I large ripe mango, remove skin and chop

1 finely chopped tomato

1 green capsicum chopped finely

1 tbsp lemon juice

1 tbsp coriander leaves

salt to taste

1 Combine all the above ingredients and let it sit for half an hour for the flavors to meld. Serve with corn chips or grilled chicken/fish.

Mango salsa with corn chips

Mango Salsa

• Serves:

1. ripe mango

1. padmaja says:

woh!!! amazing pictures sailu and please don’t tell me they will be out of season as I am coming to india on 16th august and can’t wait to taste our mangoes!!!!

2. Maninas says:

The second photo is amazing! It looks both beautiful and very very appetising! :)

3. padma says:

Sailu, right now I am envying you :( as we dont get to taste banganpalli here in US…..this mango refreshed my summer vacation in vizag in childhood times…thanks for the great recipe I think this will work form me with mexican mangoes which we easily get here. Also great pictures too! Looks mouthwatering already

4. Cinnamon says:

Lovely Pictures Sailu, and the mango salsa looks really delicious and tempting!!!

5. sreelu says:

Sailu,
    Salsa looks to pretty to eat, very beautiful colors, I was fortunate to eat Banginappli this time on in India.man nothing beats Indian Mangoes.
    I do it the same way except I add crushed garlic

6. TBC says:

It’s my first time here. You have such a good collection of recipes!
    Loved the first pic of the salsa. I too made this a few days back, the only difference being that I added corn.
    I will be visiting regularly to check out your fare.

7. shilpa says:

Beautiful as usual Sailu..You still get mangoes there? vizag really looks like a big city, I never knew anything about it before. we don’t get good mangoes here at all :(. I wish I could make this salsa now…anyway, I will search if I find any edible mangoes…Thanks dear

8. sumi says:

As you are from Andhra, let me ask you one thing. Do you know the recipe for Vegetable Hyderabadi? I tasted it in a restaurant and found it to be very tasty. It is mixed vegetable curry in green colour sauce. If you know the recipe, kindly post it. Thnak you in advance.
    Sumi

9. meeso says:

I love fruit salsa’s…this one looks really pretty!

10. sharmi says:

hey i tried you tomato perugu pachadi and it was too good on a busy day. you mango salsa is a killer!! the pics are too good.

11. Hima says:

I am also an andhraite. It is so nice to see the collection of andhra recipes.

12. I have always wanted to visit vizag and your mango salsa looks yummy. I would eat it with some rice, fish, sour cream in a burrito!

13. ramya says:

hi sailu,
    i am missing mangoes.ur mango salsa is looking delicious and the colourful photos aah…..they r so pretty.

14. Gina says:

Wow, your website is amazing. I’m going to be a regular visitor here!

I love papaya salsa, and I have often made it with mangoes or other fruit when available. I haven’t made this since last summer, so thanks for the post. I’ll be making some this week!

Thanks, Gina

15. usha says:

Mango salsa with corn chips looks delicious and tempting….hmmm…banganapalli…i miss mangoes alot…use to have lot in my place(chittoor)..:((..Thanks for sharing..

16. sukanya says:

This mango salsa is looking YUM!……Nice pictures….Lovely colour…

17. mansi says:

Wow, that mago salsa looks refreshing!! Sailu, u’r doing a fantastic job with this site and keep it up.
    i’ve started a blog too at http://funnfud.blogspot.com
    Could you visit it and add it’s link to your Food Blogs list pls? it’ll help me get some visitors and i’d appreciate your help.

Thanks,

-Mansi

18. Kanchana says:

Sailaja,

I have only eaten this in restaurants where it is so good, thanks for the recipe I will certainly try this out at home.

Kanchana

19. Cynthia says:

Now that is a mango salsa, chunky and colourful.

20. Kay says:

Awesome!!! :) I could eat it all up in one sec. Looks so yummy. Ah! The mango season will be long over when I come to India in September end..

21. Rene Gonzales says:

I just this afternoon tasted Mango Salsa for the first time…..it was delish!

That pic of chips with the mango salsa is so great looking!

22. Amulya says:

Hi Sailaja,
    I have read several posts of yours and enjoy reading your comments on the overall process – pics are always beautiful too. Really admire the variety in your cuisine – truly seems to be a passion for you.

I am from Andhra as well, spent 12 years in Vizag actually during school/college years – so a lot of your posts make me really nostalgic especially given.
    Do keep posting…
    Take Care,
    Amulya

1. January 8, 2008

[…] cookbook, a few weeks ago along side a meal consisting of home made corn chips with mango salsa, mexican rice and watermelon agua fresca. I made it again last week on a special request from my […]

2. April 28, 2008

[…] which have since ripened and devoured by way of shakes and smoothies and hope to try out some new salsa and salad […]

3. June 22, 2012

[…] enjoyed all over the world. Instead of using your regular salsa, spice it up with mangoes. Here’s a simple recipe on how to make one. Serve with corn chips or grilled chicken or […]