Best Pancake Recipe Ever – Eggless Pancakes
Eggless pancakes happen to be a favorite evening snack or mid morning snack for Nehal. Today is a school holiday due to the bandh called for by the Seemandhra leaders on the Telangana decision. Surprisingly, he gets very hungry during holidays and I dont know where this hunger comes from inspite of having a filling breakfast. He did not want to eat any of the munchies like Murukku or Chegodi which were very much within his reach. He wanted something warm and freshly made! With no bread at home to make him a sandwich, I decided on making the best pancake recipe that I ever tried. Eggless pancakes!
It is one of the quickest, simplest and tasty snack for kids which take less than 15 mts to make. Yes, fluffy eggless pancakes made from scratch hardly take any time to prepare. So drop those store bought box mixes and make your own. You can use whole wheat flour for a healthy option. I adapted this recipe with minor changes and its a keeper. They make for the softest, fluffiest, spongy and crisp on the outside pancakes. Even the pickest of eaters will relish this best pancake recipe served warm with honey or maple syrup. I drizzled some honey on the cinnamon flavored eggless pancakes which made for a great combination.
Eggless Pancakes ~ Best Pancake Recipe
- Prep time:
- Cook time:
- Serves: 5
- Plain flour - 1 cup
- Salt - pinch
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Baking powder - 2 tsps, heaped
- Cinnamon powder - large pinch
- Olive oil - 1 tbsp
- Butter - 1 tbsp, melted and warm
- Milk - 1 cup
- Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
- Mix all the above ingredients in a bowl. Do not over mix, its fine if you find a few small lumps. Ensure that there aren't large lumps of flour. Leave aside the batter for 5 mts.
- Heat an iron skillet or a non stick pan and allow to heat for 30 to 40 seconds on low to medium flame. Reduce flame to low and pour a large ladle full of batter in the center of pan. Do not spread the batter. Allow it to spread on its own.
- Cook the pancake on low medium flame for half a mt and you will see that bubbles appear over the pancake. When the pancake turns a nice golden shade flip it over and cook for half a mt and remove to a plate.
- Prepare pancakes with the rest of the batter.
- Serve warm topped with butter and honey or any sauce of your choice like maple syrup or caramel sauce.
- There is no need to grease the skillet when you add the pancake batter. Ensure that the skillet is not too hot otherwise the pancake will attain a dark shade. We are looking at a nice golden shade which is best attained with medium heat.
- For a healthier option, add 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 cup wheat flour. Increase the quantity of milk by 1/3 to 1/2 cup if using whole wheat flour.
Published: Looking for the best pancake recipe ever? Pancakes from scratch that are fluffy and tasty? Try these easy eggless pancakes served with honey or maple syrup.
Looking for the best pancake recipe ever? Pancakes from scratch that are fluffy and tasty? Try these easy eggless pancakes served with honey or maple syrup.