For Children’s Day, I prepared few kiddie treats for my son, Nehal and his friend. Here goes the menu – Grilled Vegetable Cheese Sandwich, Chicken Cutlets, Eggless cupcakes (baked for colony kids on the occasion of Diwali) and Strawberry milkshake. They enjoyed the treats while watching a movie and am one satisfied mom. Simple pleasures of life.
I have quite a few requests from readers asking for ‘vegetarian baking recipes’ and ‘eggless cakes’. I thought I’d start a series on Eggless baking. Today, eggless cupcakes recipe is a never fail, tried and tested one and a dream come true for anyone who loves eggless cake. Super moist cupcakes that also have a light and fluffy texture and not to mention, very flavorful. You will love the frosting as well. Vanilla cupcake and chocolate frosting is a flavor combination that is incredibly addicting! I used a simple chocolate ganache to frost the cupcakes and the kids in my neighborhood gobbled them up in seconds.
- Prep time:
- Cook time:
- Serves: 18
- Maida - 2 1/2 cups, (all purpose flour)
- Baking powder - 1 1/2 tsps
- Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Butter - 3/4 cup, softened (room temperature)
- Sugar - 1 2/3 cups of powdered sugar
- Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
- Milk - 3/4 cup (luke warm)
- Yogurt - 1 cup (room temperature)
- To prepare Chocolate Ganache:
- Fresh cream - 200 ml (I used Amul Fresh cream 25%)
- Dark Chocolate - 200 gms, chopped into bits (I used Morde)
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C for 15 mts. Place cupcake liners in a muffin pan and keep aside.
- Sieve flour, baking powder and baking soda twice. Keep aside
- In a bowl, cream the powdered sugar and butter till light and fluffy.
- In another bowl, mix milk, yogurt and essence. Whisk well for a minute. Pour this milk mixture into the butter-sugar mixer and whisk till well combined.
- Add the flour and fold into the batter. Do not over beat. Just fold till not trace of flour is found.
- Pour upto 2/3rd of the batter in each cupcake liner. Bake in pre-heated oven for 18-20 mts. Check from 15 mts onwards. They will not brown too much and will appear white in color after baking..
- Place a tooth pick in the center of the cupcake and if it comes out clean, the cupcake is done.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10-15 mts.
- To prepare chocolate ganache, place the fresh cream in a stainless steel bowl and heat it over low flame till bubbles appear around the edge of the pot. It should just scald. It usually takes less than a minute or so. Turn off heat.
- Immediately pour this cream over the chopped chocolate and cover it. Let is sit for 5 mts. After 5 mts, whisk till smooth and leave aside for half an hour. Frost the cupcake with chocolate ganache.
- Ensure that the butter and yogurt are at room temperature.
- The milk should be luke warm or slightly more than luke warm. It should not be cold or at room temperature.
- Do NOT over mix the flour into the wet ingredients. Just lightly fold the flour till you find no trace of flour.
- The consistency of the cake batter is like a thick dosa/idli batter.
- Oven temperatures differ from oven to oven. My oven took almost 20 mts to bake the cupcakes. Check from 15 mts onwards.
- Place the pan in the middle rack of the oven and bake.
- This batter makes 18 cupcakes (standard size).
Published: Easy to make eggless cupcakes.for kids. As part of Vegetarian Baking recipes series, here’s a basic egg free vanilla cupcake recipe with chocolate ganache.
Easy to make eggless cupcakes.for kids. As part of Vegetarian Baking recipes series, here’s a basic egg free vanilla cupcake recipe with chocolate ganache.