Cornflakes Chocolate Crispies

Cornflakes Chocolate Crispies

Chocolate and cornflakes are my son’s favorite foods and when I combine them both to prepare an easy peasy chocolate covered cornflake crispies they are bound to disappear on the day of preparation itself. Crisp, decadent without being too sweet. Not at all a complicated recipe and its super quick to bring together. Its the setting which takes a bit of time but worth the wait as the crispies sit in the refrigerator. Golden syrup is essential but if you do not have it on hand, you can substitute it with equal parts of honey and corn syrup.

Presenting my kid’s favorite chocolate recipe for your little ones. Hope your kids enjoy it as much as Nehal did.

Cornflakes Chocolate Crispies Recipe

Prep & Cooking: 15 mts, Setting: 2-3 hrs

Yields: approx 12 crispies

Ingredients:

3 cups cornflakes (I used Kellogs Cornflakes)

1/2 tbsp golden syrup

1 tbsp butter

200 gms grated dark chocolate or milk chocolate (I used Morde brand)

1 Melt chocolate, butter and golden syrup in a double boiler. Alternately, heat a stainless steel vessel with about an inch of water, bring to a boil and lower the flame completely. Over the stainless steel vessel, place another vessel (the bottom of this vessel should not touch the water of the stainless steel vessel) such that is rests on the rim of the lower vessel. Place the grated chocolate, butter and golden syrup in the upper vessel. The chocolate will melt due to the steam released from the hot water. Keep stirring till most of the chocolate melts.
2 Turn off the flame, remove the vessel which has the melted chocolate. Add cornflakes, a few tablespoons at a time and mix it well. Adjust cornflakes quantity based on the chocolate mixture.
3 Take a muffin pan or cupcake liners, add a heaped tbsp of the cornflakes chocolate mixture to the cupcake liners. Allow to cool to room temperature.
4 Once the crispies cool, set in fridge for 2-3 hours.
5 After the chocolate crispies are set, remove from fridge and serve.

C

hocolate Covered Cornflakes

Cornflakes Chocolate Crispies

1. cornflakes
  2. chocolate

1. Kallu says:

golden syrup means

• Anonymous says:

Golden syrup is a thick, amber-colored form of inverted sugar syrup. Its is a by product of evaporating sugar cane juice into sugar It is thick and has a texture similar to honey.

Read more about Golden syrup

• Deepti Sanesi says:

Which brand golden syrup did you use? Where else this syrup can be used?
        I’ve refrigerated these cornflake crispies just now. Let’s see how it turns out. I’ve skipped using golden syrup. Will get back to you soon. Thanks.

• Deepti Sanesi says:

Which brand golden syrup did you use? Where else this syrup can be used?

• kallu says:

thk u…

• kallu says:

thk u…

2. Subhorup says:

Looks yummy, and sounds easy to make. I actually clicked subconsciously thinking it was a oats and chocolate crispie. Have been looking for a way to make that. Quick question. What can be a suitable desi substitute for the golden syrup?

• Anonymous says:

You can use equal parts of corn syrup and honey. If you cannot find corn syrup, use only honey. But golden syrup is the best.

3. Subhorup says:

4. Subhorup says:

5. Subhorup says:

6. Subhorup says:

7. Krithi says:

Simple ingredients that make a lovely snack… thanks for sharing!
    Krithi’s Kitchen
    Event: Serve It – Festival Potluck

8. Krithi says:

Simple ingredients that make a lovely snack… thanks for sharing!
    Krithi’s Kitchen
    Event: Serve It – Festival Potluck

9. Priya says:

Wat a beautiful kid’s friendly crispies, feel like grabbing and having some..

10. bindu molleti says:

Nice receipe

11. Indira117 says:

Hi sailu…I’ve been a fan of ur blog for almost 3- 4 years now..the recipes u post are really awesome.Here i’ve a doubt,I don’t have muffin pans or cake liners, so is it possible to put the mixture in any other thing..Please tell me :)

Thanks
    Indira

12. shanmu says:

looks good. what kind of chocolate have to use. shall i use cadbury’s or any other brand available

13. shanmu says:

14. Anita Lobo says:

Hi Sailu, Can you please tell me what is golden Syrup & where do we get this to buy?

15. geet says:

hii sailu the recipe looks wonderful…i am all set to prepare this..could you pls tell me if i can find the golden syrup in spencers or reliance fresh?