Taste Of India

When Food Blog Desam had to close due to unforeseen circumstances, it saddened me. I have personally benefited from it immensely and had got used to this support system like so many others. When Indira suggested at Dining Hall that anyone interested could start a similar service, I took the responsibility to work out an efficient system like FBD. Also, comments of fellow bloggers at DH made me realize how important it is to have a good food blog aggregator. My friend and I worked for 3 days to make ‘Taste Of India’ happen. Taste Of India is on the same lines as FBD except for one or two additional features. I feel extremely happy with this wonderful opportunity that helps me give back to the food blogger fraternity from which I have derived a lot and continue to do so.

I am hoping all food blog fans and food bloggers will benefit from Taste Of India and we bloggers continue to enjoy exposure, increased readership and most importantly save time, like we did from FBD. We can’t thank you enough, Indira and Mathy, for your selfless efforts in bringing this wonderful resource to us.

The feeds of almost all the Indian food bloggers that I am aware are up and live at Taste Of India. You can subscribe to ‘Taste Of India’ xml feed [ http://www.connect.sailusfood.com/feed ]. Food bloggers whose feeds are yet to be updated at Taste of India, can update their feed address at ‘suggest a feed’ and any queries/comments can be left at this page.

Taste of India for you! Happy Republic Day and happy surfing!-:)

Taste Of India

1. Nags says:

Oh my God! You are a lifesaver!! Awesome venture!

Just one question. Is the timing PST? Cuz even though I post on the 26th of a month, it shows as 25th in there. Why is that?

2. Smita says:

Great job!!! What a wonderful contribution – Thank you SO MUCH!

3. Sig says:

Hi Sailu,This is awesome… We have all been missing FBD, thanks for taking this on… The page looks great… I have submitted my feed..

4. Happy Cook says:

So so nice of you. I too have been really missing FBD.
    Thankyou

5. indosungod says:

Fantastic effort Sailu, thank you.

6. shilpa says:

All the very best Sailu. Its a truly great effort. As I said, I love the name of this :).

7. sia says:

well done sailu and we can’t thank u enough for TOI(not times of india but taste of india:)

8. Mythreyee says:

That’s really a wonderful effort.

9. Mythreyee says:

Thank you so much.

10. s says:

Sailu, thanks a lot for the initiative :-)

11. Mishmash! says:

Good job, Sailu!
    Infact I came by this site two days back thru my stats but wasnt sure if it was connected to ur page or not :)I liked the title a lot :)

12. Mona says:

Thanks a lot for the effort Sailaja !! I immensely appreciate you a lot for the particular creation. When FBD was down, i was very disheartened, but now, i’m happy again. I will add Taste Of India in my blogroll right now. Thanks Once Again Dear.

13. Siri says:

OMG, Indeed u are a life saver Sailu.. after FBD was down, I was wandering around and wasn’t aware of who was posting what..:) Thanks for ur sincere effort. My blog is not listed .. so sent u a request thru suggest a feed. Hope to get included soon..:D

take care and Thanks for ur Republic Day gift to all of us.. in the form of TOI. btw love the simple yet elegant interface dear.

~ Siri

14. Madhavi says:

You have saved the blogging community. I have been missing FBD so badly. It had become apart of me.

Thanks alot for bringing us TOI.

15. Purnima says:

Sailu, thanks for coming up with TaOI! All the very Best to You and its indeed a delight for blogging community!!

16. Rachel says:

Wow that’s a relief..With FBD down…I had no track of what was happening!! Thanks a lot..

17. Srivalli says:

Dear Sailu,

That is so sweet of you and indeed a great thing. Thank you very much.

regards
    srivalli

18. nandita says:

Thats a great service Sailu, thanks to you and your friend for taking time out to do this…it’s nice to find all our favourite reads in one place :)

19. Nupur says:

Thank you so much, dear Sailu! “Taste of India” looks beautiful and I will enjoy keeping up with the latest posts.
    A huge THANK YOU to you and your friend for putting it together.

20. Meera says:

Thank you very much.
    Best regards,
    Meera

21. Asha says:

Sailu, that is a great you are doing to bloggers, thanks. Hope you have both Foodie’s hope and Aroma listed too!:))

22. TBC says:

Sailu,
    Many thanks to you and your friend for coming up with “Taste of India”(love the name too!)
    Great job! :-)

23. Raaga says:

Can I ever thank you enough!!!

:-)

I noticed the post about BBB… it is by Lakshmi from Taste of Mysore, but the name Lakshmi links to Lakshmi of The Yum Blog. Am not sure if it is because of the name, I thought I’d let you know.

Again, thank you ever so much.

24. vanamala says:

Wow this is fantastic…Cooooooooool :)

25. Hi Sailu, thanks for doing this. It looks very good. I did not see my blog in the list, so I have submitted a request via ‘suggest a feed’ to add it.

26. Ashwini says:

Sailu thank you so much for doing this. All of us bloggers will benefit from this and it is to your and your friend’s credit. A fitting initiative on Republic Day.

27. Shankari says:

U & your friend rock! Great initative! we love u

28. bee says:

sailu, we are speechless at the speed at which you accomplished this. and what a wonderful layout!!! let us know if we could assist in any way.

bee and jai

29. Mansi says:

awesome!!! this is sooooo good, and thanks so much for doing this Sailu!!:) it’s a lifesaver for so many of us!!:D

30. Musical says:

Dear Sailu,

Thanks a ton to you and your friend, for putting this together! Love the beautiful lay-out!

Sincere thanks again,
    musical.

31. Rajitha says:

Hi Sailu…

Cool of you and your friend to come up with such a fab idea..this is indeed a great help..thanks girls :)

BTW. i have submitted my feed for update, please update it when one of you gets the time to do it…thanks once again!!

32. Dhivya says:

One Word ‘FANTABULOUS’. U r indeed blogger saver!

33. Uma says:

This is really a great effort. Nice layout. Bloggers like me would definitely get benefited from this. Keep it up. I recently submitted my site to your list. Please update it. Thank you in advance.

34. vineela says:

Thanks for taking so much effort.
    LOVE THE TITLE AND TEMPLATE TOO
    vineela

35. Lakshmi says:

Many thanks for providing a good platform for Indian Tastes. We were really missing FBD. Appreciate your great effort. Template is too good.

36. Rajitha says:

Sailu..thnks for adding me in…

37. Suganya says:

Sailu, Thank you so much for this initiative. I am so relieved now :)

38. Aparna says:

Thank you does not begin to describe your effort. This is really a life saver.

39. Maya says:

Thank you Sailu for Taste of India..I have sent a request to add my blog to the list..Thanx once again ..

40. Kamini says:

Great Great Job. Very impressive . Thanks a lot

41. A-kay says:

Thanks Sailu for taking the initiative. I have submitted my blog to add to TOI. Kindly let me know if you need any help with maintaining this. Thanks again!

42. bhags says:

Thanks Sailu for this venture…you area darling

43. Lakshmi says:

Congrats sailu ! Mee manchi efforts ki chaala thanks. Its so nice to know someone so dedicated. Keep up the good work !

44. revathi says:

Thanks Sailu – greattttttttttttt!

45. Jayasree says:

Congrats.Great job. Have been missing FBD.

46. jaya says:

Dear sailaja,
    It is a great job done here ,I thank u and ur friend for this lovely initiative …Its truly is THE TASTE OF INDIA ..
    hugs and smiles
    Jaya

47. Anita says:

That works like a charm! It loaded up jiffy quick too.

I love the layout. Great job, Sailu and friend!

48. Great work dear…appreciate your interest and patience in coming up with something like this..and the site looks toooo good. thanks

49. Meeta says:

Sailu! You are an angel – and so is your friend!!! I too was a bit sad that FBD had discontinued and was thinking of what to do as an alternative. This is brilliant and works wonderfully.

Sailu, I can imagine that this was hard work and I really want to thank you. I would also love to help you out look after this wonderful work. So, I am offering my services to help with any “back office” administration that might be needed to keep Taste of India alive. Please email and let me know.

Huge hug!

50. Miri says:

Thank you so much Sailu and friend for this lovely initiative which no doubt must have taken a lot of time and effort!

I have submitted my blog details to include. Thanks!

51. lavanya says:

great job sailu. you are just like an life saver.

52. Woo hoo..! You rock! Thank you so much for setting this up!

53. Padmaja says:

hi sailu!!
    You are my saviour!!!!
    I actually lost interest after FBD stopped working. It made my job so hard as i didn’t subscribe to many of my fav bloggers as i could see their daily updates. But now you came up with this amazing idea!!! Love you sweetie!!!

54. RP says:

Awesome! Appreciate all your hard work, Sailu dear.

55. Latha says:

Can’t thank you and your friend enough for this wonderful effort, Sailu. We all benefitted so much from Food Blog Desam, indeed! I had been spending all my available time since it ‘closed down’ looking out for all my favourite blogs but it was really tough. This is a timely help:)

56. Superchef says:

You are a lifesaver!!!!!! dunno how to thank you for this!!! awesome!!!!!! :):)

57. Shyam says:

Hi Sailu, how do I subscribe to your aggregator, please?

58. remya says:

u have done a grt job sailu..i was missing FBD..really thanku so much for ur patience and enthu in setting up “Taste of India”…its rocking!!!!

59. Trupti says:

hello Sailu, thank u very much for starting Taste of India. I registered my blog y’day. How many days it will take to appear my blog in the list?

60. Priya says:

Everyone has already said it here. THANK YOU Sailu. It must have been aa huge task and I am so grateful to you for doing it.

61. alpa says:

Sailu,
    Thank you so much for taking this on. I just registerd my blog. Your efforts to take FBD to the next level are extremely appreciated.

Thanks again!
    alpa

62. Indira says:

Dear Sailaja,

Thank you for this wonderful Republic Day gift to the food blogging community. The TOI looks realy cool and very chic. Please also convey my thanks to your tech freind. Great job!

(I’m sorry for the late reply. We were disconnected from Internet (cable service) due to winter storm, and it has taken four days to get the Internet connection back.)

63. Latha says:

Wonderful Sailu! I am so happy! Thanks to you and u’re friend for all the effort!

64. shalini says:

Hello Sailu,

though i don’t have a blog, i would visit food blog desam everyday. since its closure i was wondering as to how to look up the blogs .thanks for setting up toi.

shalini

65. deepa says:

I dont have a blog but was a regular visitor at fbd & was sad when it was down ….huge thanks for setting TOI ….and the title is too stylish and classy ..

66. satya says:

Ditto,Ditto Ditto.B…I…G THANKS TO YOU SAILU THE SAVIOR.

67. Rupa says:

great job and a real saviour….

68. Rina says:

This is gr8… A real saviour… its like we were lost and now found in the food blogosphere. Many thanks. Page looks gr8.

69. shaheen says:

u sure a lifesaver and the site looks great! thanks to u and ur friend for making it happen.

70. padma says:

Its indeed a life saver, yeah FBD has indeed increased the traffic to my site and thanks to you now that u are venturing on this….

Incredible

71. Vini K says:

Hi Sailu,what you have done is most appreciable and wonderful.Thanks you ever so much for putting up Taste of India.Very apt title too..please accept my best wishes in this regard.

72. Laavanya says:

Thank you so much for hosting this and for your efforts & time!

73. mandira says:

Sailu, this is great news. Thank you to you for your effort in putting it all together. This is super!

74. sandhya says:

Sailu, thanks to you and your friend for setting up TOI.

75. arundati says:

Dear Sailu, what you have done is fabulous…. i and my blog were both mourning FBD…. thanks…i have submitted my feed….

Arundati

76. Trupti says:

There is one mistake with my blog. I just saw there is another blog with owner Trupti. Under her blogs feed I am seeing my blogs entries as well as her blogs entries.
    Can you fix that problem?
    Thanks in advance.

77. Hi Sailu

Thank you so much for this, I really missed FBD and now I can check on my fav blogs without trying to add to feeds etc.

Appreciate the fast work!
    Archana

78. valli says:

awesome effort sailu garu. Thank you and your friend for the wonderful aggregator

79. Niyaprakash says:

I’m a regular reader of your websie.Your creativity’s really great !!!
    Keep it up..

I started a blogspot recently. I would like to join in your Taste of India..I tried several times ..but …it’s written ” double check and verify the verification code.” If you’ve free time please visit my blogspot and guide me how to join Taste of India.

Waiting for a positive reply..

Regards

Niyaprakash

80. Priya says:

hi,
    First congrats and thanks a ton for starting this blog…also i tried to suggest a feed to include my URL in Taste of India…i have not been very successful…so let me know if you have already recd my details….

all the best..

81. Priya says:

Hi….I would like to join in your Taste of India..I tried several times ..but …it’s written ” double check and verify the verification code.” If you’ve free time please visit my wordpress blog and guide me how to join Taste of India.

82. Anjali says:

These days I was just reading a few blogs that I regularly do and was unaware that FBD was stopped. I did see referrals from connect and when I did click it tells me it falls under the category ‘Sex’. Sailu request you to look in to this please. I want to be a user of Taste of India.

Thanks in advance.

83. Kalva says:

Hi Sailu, awesome job.. thanks a lot for doing this.. I just left my blog feed details under ‘suggest a feed’. would be glad if you consider adding me to the blog list..!

84. Cham says:

Hi Sailu, Taste of India is one spot for Indian blog , wonderful job that u ve done! I requested to add my feed. When u ve time please have a look.
    Thanks & appreciate ur work,
    Cham.

85. Ranji says:

hi sailu….U have great thing going on here.CHEERS TO U :).I have a small problem i had submitted my sitefeed and it was showing but now it somehow got removed.can u tell me how that happened?can u add my site feed again?

86. Sarada says:

This is a great effort. Bloggers like me would benefit from this. I would like to submit my blog site here. Please update it. Thank you in advance.
    Sarada

87. Sarada says:

Hi…
    I tried several times ..but I am not able to do so. It is asking me to verifiy the code. Please let me know and also guide me on how to include my Blog in Taste of India.
    Thanks for your time.
    Sarada

88. Sarada says:

Thanks for adding my blog to the list. Thanks for your time.
    Sarada

89. sashree says:

Hi sailu…dis is a wonderful site….n even i want to be a part of this…i sent u my blog to add in ur list nearly 4 times..but no response….

90. sireesha says:

That’s Most wonderful and fantastic job Sailu.Thank U SOOO Much…..

91. sireesha says:

Hi sailu,
    Thanks in advance.
    Sireesha

92. sireesha says:

Hi sailu,

I just left my blog feed details under ’suggest a feed’.Please add my blog in ur list.

Sireesha

93. Sujatha says:

Sujatha.

94. Priya Pavani says:

Hi Sailu, My posts don’t show up automatically here. I have added myself to http://connect.sailusfood.com/ two weeks back, and I don’t my blog details on your site. Am I missing something?

Please add my blog to your list. Thanks in advance.

–Priya

95. Hi sailu, My posts don’t show up automatically here. I tried re-publishing my posts several times, but no use. Am I missing something?

pls help me dear

regards
    sripriya vidhyashankar

96. Vibaas says:

Hi Sailu, You got a wonderful site. I tried adding my blog couple of times, but it is not showing up. Am i missing something here? Please help

TIA,
    Vidya

97. Dershana says:

I have added my feed to your list twice, but I still don’t see it up. What could be the problem?

Regards,

Dershana

98. Rupali says:

I have tryied adding my blog to your list twice, but I still don’t see it up. Can u help me on this .THnaks

99. sireesha says:

I have added my feed to your list 7-8 times, but I still don’t see it up. What could be the problem?Could help me out?

Regards,

Sireesha

100. mahima says:

hello sailu
    id love to be a part of ur database.. could u plz guide me how… i tried adding my name but it asks me to double check the code….
    thanks