Chilli Cheese Toast

Chili Cheese Toast

This post was lying in my drafts and wouldn’t have seen the light of day if a reader had not requested for Chilli Cheese Toast recipe. Not much of a recipe really. A quick breakfast/brunch or lunch box recipe that can be prepared in 10 minutes.

Here goes Chilli Cheese Toast recipe:

In a bowl grate a cheese cube (about 2 tbsps). Add 2 finely chopped green chilies, finely chopped small green or red bell pepper, finely chopped small onion, 2 tbsps chopped coriander leaves, pinch of salt and 1/4 tsp pepper pwd to the grated cheese and mix lightly.

Take a slice of brown bread or whole wheat bread, spread 2 tbsps of the prepared filling and sprinkle some cheese on top. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 175 C till cheese melts and the bread it toasted, approx 5-6 mts.

You can use Amul cheese, Mozzarella or Cheddar cheese.

Chilli Cheese Toast

1. bread
  2. cheese
  3. chilies

This had been lying in my drafts and wouldn’t have seen the light of day if a reader had not requested for Chilli Cheese Toast recipe. Not much of a recipe really. A quick breakfast/brunch or lunch box recipe that can be prepared in 10 minutes.

1. Vanessa says:

Dear Sailaja,
    Wow yet another awesomely yummy recipe..going to try it soon:) i love all your Recipes, they are simply awesome… i’m 19 and i love cooking and my parents are impressed whenever i try your recipes…they find them really tasty…thank you so much..God bless you and your family..:)

2. Maria. G says:

chilli cheese toast looks yummy! Thanks so very much for posting such lovely and tasty recipes.

3. Kalyani says:

Looks yummy and will try this for my daughter ………..

4. Summer Rose says:

Oh so good, can i have some now????

5. pallavi says:

Am a visitor to your site for quite sometime. Ur Recipes are really AAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEE. Have tried most of ur recipes with delicious results. This recipe is nice but have 1 doubt…. can i prepare it on the stove using tava??? Pls let me Know… Keep up ur fab work….Andhra Food Rocks

Warm Regards
    Pallavi

6. nishi says:

Ohhhh such a yummy looking toast :) Would love to try this!!!

7. Wow.. Looks simply delicious.. lovely snap :)

8. Mina Joshi says:

Great recipe for toastie. I make it like you but in the grill. Love your blog

9. lalitha says:

Thanks for this recipe. It’s wonderful. I used whole wheat bread and sprinkled parmesan cheese. It turned out fine.

10. Padmapriya says:

Hi Sailu

Thanks for a nice recipe. I tried this today morning, the taste was really good. But when I wait for the cheese to melt the bread is becoming harder. What could be the reason? (I used britannia cheese block.)

Regards
    Padmapriya

11. Angel says:

Hello Sailu garu,
    Thanks a lot for this recipe. It’s so nice. my kids loved it and asked me to make again then i tried adding chicken pieces, they were saying it’s like Pizza. once again thank you.

12. srivalli prasad says:

hi sailu garu!! am a very big fan of ur cooking…i used to collect all ur recipes which were published in sakshi newspaper during my post-graduation. now as am following ur recipes, my hubby is very impressed with my cooking…thank u so much :)

13. Sushmita says:

Hi Sailaja ma’m,

Can we prepare this toast on tawa ?

14. Shruti says:

Hi Sailu, can this be made on the tava?

15. Shruti says:

Hi Sailu, can this be made on the tava?

16. chaitu says:

hi Sailu… this was a real fine recipe.. but i have only a grill oven. how can i make this using a grill oven or a tawa?

17. chaitu says:

18. chaitu says:

19. lucky says:

hi Sailu,
    I tried making this on a tawa, but the cheese doesn’t melt and the bread burns to black… can u please advice?

• Silpa says:

Hi, I tried on tawa but I put cheese directly on tawa, add the other toppings on top bread…

• rekha says:

put the tawa on a very low heat and place the bread with the topping on top and cover it with a plate or a bowl. the cheese melts & the veggies cook too

20. lucky says:

hi Sailu,

21. chitti says:

hi Sailu,
    I tried making it on tava, the bread burns black, but cheese doesn’t melt. also tried using a grill oven… no luck… can u please advice?

22. sirisha says:

Can use microwave

23. Dil Navaz says:

SaiLu ma’am
    I cant understand some of the ingredients of yours.like black onion ,funkrey seeds,cummin seeds etc. So madam,can you pls find a way to solve this matter,by representing the ingredients with common known familiar names in south India also .Thank you Ji.