Summer Coolers ~ Cucumber Mint Smoothie

Cucumber Mint Smoothie

The heat is showing no signs of respite and the humidity levels are at an all time high. Eagerly awaiting the onset of monsoon and if the weather forecast is to be trusted, its just 2-3 days away, making way for comforting, deep fried foods. :)

On a hot day like today, there is nothing more refreshing than a chilled yogurt based drink. Prepared a smoothie using chilled homemade curd, fresh mint leaves and cucumber. Quick, easy and a healthy way to get calcium into your diet.

Blend 1/2 cup of peeled and diced cucumber, 2-3 fresh mint leaves, few ice cubes, 1 1/2 cups thick low fat yogurt, few tbsps of water (for a thinner consistency) and pinch of chaat masala powder or black salt. Pour into glasses and serve cold.

Summer Coolers ~ Cucumber Mint Smoothie

1. yogurt
  2. cucumber

1. shobha says:

Looks really refreshing !
    Never tried adding cucumber.

2. Neha says:

nice one….quick and easy to make…looks like cucumber chaas

3. kranti says:

super coolers …very good article on health based summer drinks ..
    simply home made.
    best wishes.

4. amaravathy says:

Nice pic, looks tempting

5. A healthy thirst quencher.

6. Sounds quick and thirst quenching cooler, love it :)

7. Penelope says:

This was absolutely delicious! I made it the other day for an Indian BBQ I was having at my house and everyone loved it! This was actually the only thing I cooked though (shhhh!). It went great with the Chunky Chickpeas and Madras Lentils Tacos I made from this company called Tastybite. They had some really great dinner ideas that made my life so much easier. All I had to do was provide the drinks…which is always the better end, right? haha

8. Apu says:

Lovely – wonderful cooler!!

9. Yummy and healthy combination.. perfect for this summer.. Thanks for the recipe sailu garu .. :)

10. Vyjayanthi says:

made this drink today..came up really good..thanks for posting it Sailu garu..

11. Nisha Poojari says:

made it today! was excellent. best ways to use cucumbers!!

1. May 11, 2012