Sweet Corn Vegetable Soup

Sweet Corn Vegetable Soup

sweet-corn-vegetable-soup
Sweet Corn Vegetable Soup

Today I have for you Sweet corn vegetable soup. I don’t know what took me so long to post my favorite soup recipe. I LOVE sweet corn vegetable soup and sweet corn chicken soup! And it doesn’t need to be winter or monsoon to enjoy my favorite soup. I can relish this bright and flavorful soup any time of the year. Seriously.

sweet corn veg soup
Ingredients for sweet corn vegetable soup

A comforting, thick and filling vegetarian soup without being heavy. Delicately flavored broth that has carrots, corn kernels, cabbage and beans going into it. Extremely easy to prepare provided you have cream style corn on hand. Of course, you can make your own cream style corn but I usually buy ready made cream style corn. So, ready to re-create restaurant style sweet corn vegetable soup at home?

sweet-corn-soup
Sweet Corn Veg Soup

Sweet Corn Vegetable Soup

1. sweet corn
  2. mixed vegetables

• Sweet Corn, cream style: 1 tin
  • Sweet corn kernels: 1/2 cup (boiled)
  • Vegetable stock: 1.25 litres (5 cups) OR water
  • French beans: 8 (finely chopped)
  • Cabbage: 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
  • Carrot: 1 (finely chopped)
  • Cornflour: 2 1/2 tbsps (corn starch)
  • Sugar: 3/4 tbsp
  • Salt to taste
  • White pepper powder: as required
  • Spring onion greens: 3-4 tbsps (finely chopped)

1. In a heavy bottomed vessel or wok, add the cream style sweet corn and vegetable stock or water. Mix.
  2. Add the chopped carrot, beans, cabbage, boiled corn and stir to mix. Cook for 5 mts on medium flame.
  3. Mix the cornflour in 4 tbsps of vegetable stock or water and keep aside.
  4. Add sugar and salt to the simmering soup and cook further for 3-4 mts. Add white pepper powder and mix.
  5. Add the cornflour mixture and go on stirring till the soup thickens. Turn off heat and pour into soup bowls.
  6. Garnish with spring onion greens and serve hot.

• Vegetable stock can be prepared by boiling 6-7 cups of water, 1 large onion (quarter it), a carrot (slice it) and a potato (large cubes). Boil till water reduces to 5 1/2 cups. Turn off heat, strain the stock and discard vegetables.
  • You can use black pepper powder instead of white pepper powder.
  • Sugar can be reduced to 1/2 tablespoon.
  • Adjust corn flour according to the desired thickness of soup. More corn flour yields a thicker soup.
  • You can prepare cream style corn at home. Take 2 corn cobs, take a share knife and scrap the corn kernels. Melt a tbsp of butter in a vessel, add 3/4th of the corn kernels and saute for 2 mts. Blend the remaining corn kernels to a paste. Add this corn paste and a tbsp of sugar to the vessel and mix. Add 1/4 cup of water and 3 tbsps milk (optional ingredient) and cook for 7-8 mts. Mix a tbsp of flour in 3 tbsps water and mix. Add the corn flour mixture and go on stirring till it thickens. Season with salt and pepper. Cool and freeze until use.

Sweet Corn Vegetable Soup is an easy Indian Chinese soup recipe prepared with cream style corn and mixed vegetables. An easy soup recipe that is flavorful.

1. kp says:

Too good. M hearing about cream style corn for the first time.

2. kp says:

Too good. M hearing about cream style corn for the first time.

3. kp says:

Too good. M hearing about cream style corn for the first time.

4. Krithika Anand says:

True killer of a recipe! I absolutely have to make this today! Love you sooo much…please don’t make us wait so long for recipes!!

5. Krithika Anand says:

6. Poojitha says:

were can we get cream style corn tin………am staying in usa could u suggest me in that apart from that is there anything to use instead of cream style corn tin

7. Poojitha says:

• Anonymous says:

I’m sure you will find in any good grocery store. See the tips at the end of the post, where I have given the recipe for home made cream style corn.

• Anonymous says:

• Su 06smile says:

i purchased cream style corn tin in walmart.

8. sneha bollina says:

Thanks alot for the recipe, I have been looking for this creamy sweet corn soup.

9. srilu says:

I love sweet corn soup. thanks for sharing this recipe sailu. Expecting some more soup recipes from you Sailu. I will definitely try this today itself.

10. srilu says:

11. guest says:

Definitely going to try this tonight. If you want to use fresh corn, you can cut the corn off the cob after cooking it (boil lightly), and then grating the ear of corn for whatever’s left. You’ll end up with a very sweet milky substance that adds a lot of flavor to the soup.

12. Gourmetsecretsonline says:

It is really so nice post.these foods would be awesome taste.I like it.

Thanks for more info……………………….

Gourmet Secrets

13. Gourmetsecretsonline says:

It is really so nice post.these foods would be awesome taste.I like it.

Thanks for more info……………………….

Gourmet Secrets

14. Abc says:

Tried it today, and turned out so good… I have tried many of your recipes and every one of them turned out exactly the same like in your pictures, and I don’t even have to mention about the taste… Please keep posting…
    My daughter likes hot and sour tomato soup, could you sometime blog that please

15. Ainn says:

wow..sounds scrumptiously tasty..
    first time here maheswari..love your space..
    awesome presentation with nice recipes..Superb methods.
    Am your happy follower now..:)
    do stop by mine sometime..

16. Ainn says:

wow..sounds scrumptiously tasty..
    first time here maheswari..love your space..
    awesome presentation with nice recipes..Superb methods.
    Am your happy follower now..:)
    do stop by mine sometime..

17. Smswant says:

Hi,
    the curry looks delicious. As far as the ingredients are concerned I always have a hard time to find up here. but thanks to my friend john miller who introduced me to a great resource and i thought that i pass great along as well.

Send Free SMS

Funny SMS

20. Smswant says:

Hi,

Send Free SMS

Funny SMS

21. Sailu'sChelli says:

Thank you Sailakkka..Theepi mokka jonna soupu adhurs..

22. Rcheruk1 says:

superb

23. Rcheruk1 says:

superb

24. I love corn soup! The warmness and sweetness of it simply calms your growling stomach or relax and soothe you while taking each slurp at the spoon. Do you think it will be good with some tofu or croutons on it?

25. I love corn soup! The warmness and sweetness of it simply calms your growling stomach or relax and soothe you while taking each slurp at the spoon. Do you think it will be good with some tofu or croutons on it?

26. Krithi says:

Wow.. would love to try this yummy bowl..

27. Guest says:

Sweet corn soup sounds delish!!! Would be perfect on a rainy day like the one I see outside my window right now. Thank you very much for the wonderful recipes. Your blog is my go to guide for most of my cooking these days. Love your recipes, pictures and writing style.
    One suggestion/request, would be nice if there was a print version of the recipes so I can have them handy in the kitchen. Not sure if that is easily doable for you. So far, I’ve been handwriting them or copy pasting to another doc.

28. Guest says:

29. Guest says:

30. Guest says:

This soup looks lovely.
    Can you please add information on the size of the can of cream style sweet corn you used? These cans are usually available in two sizes.
    Thanks.

31. Food PR says:

I made this soup the other night as starter with a duck rogan josh as the main it went down very well. I love how the spring onions bring the whole dish together the corn flour thickened it nicely too.

32. Food PR says:

33. Food PR says:

34. Raji says:

Hello Sailu, I’m not able to subscribe to your blog using RSS. Please can you fix it- I enjoy your recipes so much! Thanks in advance!

35. Neha says:

All your recipes are awesome ! Please keep posting

36. Neha says:

All your recipes are awesome ! Please keep posting

37. Maria says:

Hi Sailu I have awarded you as a versatile blogger do check out this link http://www.flavorsofmumbai.com/versatile-blogger-awards/

38. Maria says:

39. Maria says:

40. Ashwini says:

hi..my first comment on your blog though i have read your posts n number of times :) nice recipies.my personal fav is paneer butter masala of yours..i have tried few of ur recipies and they always turn to be a hit,this matters a lot to me as im veg but my husband is non veg,i tried your pepper chicken dry which was good, can u pls post a recipie of just a regular spicy chicken fry dry,as i tried twice from other internet recipies and they failed,pls rescue me:)

41. Ashwini says:

42. John says:

All your recipes are awesome.
    I love sweet corn soup!

43. John says:

All your recipes are awesome.
    I love sweet corn soup!

44. John says:

All your recipes are awesome.
    I love sweet corn soup!

45. Ashley Jones says:

Just stumbled across your blog and I’ve already seen a few recipes I want to try. Can’t wait!!

46. Ashley Jones says:

47. Reena Gupta says:

simple healthy and delicious in short time period its gr8!!!

48. snacksindia says:

Restaurants in Noida
    Restaurants in Noida Find The Best Restaurant Noida at Snacks India Provides all india food Recipes,

49. Gopi says:

Am going to try it tomorrow !! Hoping it will turn out good.

50. chella ks nathan says:

hi sailu, i loved ur soup and made it for my husband. he loved it. I have linked your recipie in my post.

51. Namita says:

liked it , going to try it ,

52. Roshinijeetu says:

I love soupss……..

53. Senthil Kumar says:

My friend prepared this soup and we had it justnow,it was sooooo tasty than the restaurant ones,and moreover healthy & energetic too,there is no words to describe the taste of this,heavenly taste !
    After my surgery,I didn’t feel like eating any food,but today I finished one whole bowl of this soup due to this irresistible lovely taste.
    Thanks for sharing this healthy & tasty recipe,we are going to make it very often for sure.Thanks.

54. Kaja Gubic Mrkonjic says:

too much sugar. sweet corn already have enough sweetness. also to much starch, corn is starchy enough