No Bake Chocolate Biscuit Cake ~ Fridge Cake

A super easy no bake dessert that you can whip up in minutes is a fridge cake. Few days ago I prepared a no bake chocolate biscuit cake and it was all gone within a few hours. Not much of a recipe. Just four ingredients – biscuits, butter, golden syrup and chocolate go into its making. Digestive biscuits work best but you can use Britannia Marie biscuits too. Golden syrup can be substituted with honey. Go ahead and add some chopped nuts and dried fruits to add to the richness. This cold cake is something you’d want to make again and again. :)

No Bake Chocolate Biscuit Cake

No Bake Chocolate Biscuit Cake Recipe

Preparation: 10 mts, Setting: 2-3 hours

Ingredients:

10 digestive biscuits or Marie biscuits

150 gms chopped chocolate

1 tbsp golden syrup or honey

1 1/2 tbsps butter

2-3 drops vanilla essence (optional)

1 Lightly grease a square baking pan and line with butter paper.
2 Break the biscuits into small pieces. (do not powder the biscuits, lightly crush)
3 Melt the butter over a double boiler. Add chopped chocolate and let it melt. Keep stirring and see that the chocolate does not burn.
4 Remove the bowl from the double boiler and add golden syrup and mix. Add vanilla essence and mix. Add crushed biscuits and mix.
5 Pour this mixture into the greased and lined pan and lightly smoothen with a spatula. Bring to room temperature.
6 Cover the baking pan with aluminum foil and place in fridge to set. After 3 hours when its fully set and chilled, remove and unmold the cake onto a plate. Remove the butter paper and cut into squares and serve.

Fridge Cake

No Bake Chocolate Biscuit Cake ~ Fridge Cake

1. digestive biscuits
  2. chocolate

1. Nishi says:

This looks so delicious. Love the way you have shot this sailu :)

2. Krithi says:

Definitely super-easy. I love digestive biscuits. Having it with chocolate.. wow yummy..

3. Notyet100 says:

Wow thnks for the recipe :)

4. nirupama says:

love the chocolate n biscuit combo..wat is golden syrup btw ??

• Sailu says:

Golden syrup is made from sugar cane juice and is very sweet. Its made during the process of refining sugar cane juice into sugar.

• Gita says:

heyy sailu…lovely & most awaited recipe since u posted the pics on FB. Nways, can I substitute the golden syrup with Sugar?? Powdered or regular??

5. Vidya says:

Is that sweetened chocolate or milk chocolate or regular unsweetened chocolate? Pl clarify.

6. sirisha says:

wow.. chocolate cake without baking and hardly any time for preparation. Many thanks for the recipe sailu garu. Will surely try it out.

7. swathi says:

Hello Sailu Garu,

Should we put in Deep Freezer or in the normal fridge for the cake to set?

8. Neeta says:

Dear Silu,
    I tried this dish today.definitely a tasty one, however,it’s more like a chocolate than a cake.I found it difficult to cut into neat peices…it crumbles or gets broken due to biscuit pieces.I feel it would be better to shape it into balls rather than set it in a pan or dish.since it’s chocolate,I guess it would set in 30 min or so–that’s the time generally taken for setting home made chocolates.Thanks for the receipe

• Sailu says:

Its obviously not meant to be like a normal regular cake or cake texture. Its basically a mixture of melted chocolate and crushed biscuits that is refrigerated to set like a cake without baking. Hence the name refrigerator or fridge cake.

9. vijaya says:

Hi Sailu

Thankyou for the recipe I will surely try it, Can I try with coco powder
    but it is less sweet I think I have to put some sugar along with the powder.

10. Vikas says:

What is a double boiler?

11. Wowww. Sounds too good and tempting.. Thanks for the delicious recipe :)

12. SRAVZ says:

hi sailu..!!
    this recipe of yours sounds gr8…just as the rest of them do…!!
    would love to try it out asap…:)
    i would like to know if golden syrup that you have mentioned is commercially available..if so, has it any trade name ..??

13. Kavita Rajesh says:

Hey Sailu….

A big big fan of ur cooking…………………they r just awesome….a big thanks to you for all the beautiful recipes……they really help me big time….

Great job and keep up the great work…

Happy cooking….

Kavi

14. Vasudharanjan25 says:

Sailu…believe it or not..I’ve already made this at least 5 times and no one can get enough of this..I wanna know one thing though..did you use normal milk chocolate to make yours? from the color it appears so… :)

15. Vasudharanjan25 says:

16. Vasudharanjan25 says:

17. Sumanad 2008 says:

do u mean I should keep it in the deep freezer where we keep fish and meat ( the top portion of the refridgerator) or normally where we keep the foods and other stuff

18. Bigbobswinden says:

Great chocolate cake but why have us print three sheets for what could easily go oto one?

19. lee says:

Hi do you think It will taste good if I add peanut butter to the melted chocolate?