I have been tagged by Paz of The Cooking Adventures of Chef Paz and Lera of Myriad Tastes to share my top 10 favorite foods. Thank you Paz and Lera. This meme was started by Kalyn of Kalyn’s Kitchen. It wasn’t easy coming with only 10 favorite foods but had fun in creating this meme post. 🙂
Its been exactly a month since I have started this food blog and was going through the index of the recipes I had blogged so far and found that I haven’t blogged all my favorite foods yet. That reminded me that I need to post more of my favorite food in here.
I finally manage to come up with my top 10 favorite foods.
1. My all time favorite dish is Chicken Biryani. Indian that I am, rice being the staple diet, biryani, vegetable pulao and flavored rice dishes are an integral part of my kitchen. Of course, not to forget steamed white rice which is our afternoon meal along with a vegetable curry or non-veg curry, dal cooked with a leafy vegetable, pachadi (Andhra salad), stir fry, rasam which is a steaming hot tamarind water soup cooked with Indian spices or sambar, pickle ‘avakaiâ€™ (a spicy mango pickle) and some papad or sabudana fryums. This is a everyday Andhra meal, my favorite thali.
2. Indo-Chinese Cuisine â€“ I love Indo-Chinese food! I have always had consistently good Indo-Chinese food, be it sweet corn chicken soup, plump dimsums served with interesting sauces, fragrantly spiced chilli pepper prawns, honey and pan-fried noodles, crispy potatoes, chicken dumplings or Manchurian.
3. Italian Cuisine â€“ Italian food combines the ultimate in comfort food â€“ like simple pastas with rich tomatoes, garlics and olive oil. Italian food is full of the flavors and sensations that just feel right and I would say that Pizza with lots of cheese, Lasagne and Pasta are all my favorite Italian foods. I have posted one of my favorite pasta recipe – Cheesy Pasta Bake
4. Salads- Love salads, any kind of salad. One of my favorites is Mixed Sprouts Corn Salad
5. Indian Street Food â€“ Street food is a culinary tradition that most Indians wouldnâ€™t dream of doing without. Street food here is a learning experience by itself, cooked right before your eyes, reassuring not only of the freshness of the food being made but also the ingredients that go into preparing it. Just love Murri Mixture (Andhra Bhel), Pani Puri, Samosa and Chaat.
6. Sweets â€“ Kolkattaâ€™s famous Rosagulla, Gulab Jamun and Bobattulu or Poran Puli are my favorite Indian sweets and of course pastries.
7. North Indian Food- Stuffed Parantha with Dal Makhani, Butter Paneer Masala and Mughlai Chicken Curry and Lassi (sweet buttermilk).
8. Masala Chai- My favorite hot beverage especially during winters. Thereâ€™s nothing more soothing than a hot cuppa chai/tea.
9. Masala Dosa â€“ My all time favorite breakfast dish. Eat it for dinner as well. I am extremely fond of this famous South Indian tiffin. I have posted the recipe of the favorite tiffin Masala Dosa.
10. Bread Toast with peanut butter. My most favorite, simple, made with least effort.
Having listed my favorite foods , I cant help but get nostalgic with the memory of eating hot, homely food at my grandmother’s house as a child for Sankranti, our main festival,with all the family members (grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles and cousins) swatting on the ground in a circle and eating food spread on a plantain leaf. Those gatherings would happen only once a year in the month of January when Sankranti is celebrated ushering in the New Year. Those mouth watering, delicious, wide spread special meals will always remain the most favorite family meals I ever had.
Thank You, Paz and Lera, for tagging me to share my most favorite foods. It was fun and nostalgic too.